Earning extra money is a common goal for many people, but it can seem like a daunting task.
I’m going to give you some tips and tricks on how to earn extra income in your spare time. Most of these ideas don’t require much time or effort, but they do require some initial investment.
1. Investing in Stocks
Investing in stocks is a great way to make some extra money. Stocks are essentially the ownership of a company and come with many benefits, like tax advantages and long-term growth potential. If you want to invest in stocks, there are several ways that you can do so:
- Online brokers – Brokers allow you to buy and sell shares of stock online through their websites or mobile apps. You’ll need an account with them before you’re able to make any trades though, so be sure that this is something that interests you before opening one up.
- Mobile app – There are lots of different stock trading apps out there these days, but we recommend Robinhood because they offer commission-free trades (i.e., no fees), which means more money for YOU! The app is easy enough for beginners who don’t have much experience with investing yet too!
2. Invest in a Business
The key to investing in a business is to know exactly what you are doing. There’s a lot of risk involved, so it’s important to conduct thorough research before deciding on an investment.
Investing in a business can yield great returns, but it can also lead to massive losses if you don’t do your homework. Here are some examples of the ways you can invest in a business:
- Investing directly in an existing company or startup whose shares aren’t publicly traded yet (like Uber or Lyft)
- Buying stock options for an established company (like Nike)
- Participating in an angel round as part of their initial public offering (IPO), which means buying shares before they become available on the open market
3. Substitute Teaching
Substitute teaching is a great way to make extra money, as it can be done from the comfort of your home.
You can also teach online or in person, depending on what you’re comfortable with. There are many different types of teaching jobs available:
- Online teaching—teaching online is popular with people who have experience as a teacher or tutor and want to work from home while continuing their education or pursuing other life goals.
- In-person teaching—if you love being around kids, then this might be the option for you! Teaching in person involves working at an elementary school, high school, community center, etc., and supervising children during lessons. You may also be required to help fix any problems that arise during class time (such as broken equipment).
- Tutoring—one type tutoring involves helping someone who struggles academically by working through difficult concepts with them until they understand them better. Another type involves tutoring an entire class on something like science or social studies; this requires one-on-one instruction but not necessarily individualized student attention because all students need help understanding the subject matter together
4. Selling on Etsy
Etsy is a marketplace for handmade goods, vintage items, and craft supplies. The company was founded in 2005 by then-husband-and-wife team Rob Kalin and Haim Schoppik. Today, it’s one of the biggest online marketplaces for crafts and art supplies with over 40 million members in nearly 200 different countries worldwide. You can sell anything from jewelry to cupcakes (or cakes shaped like cupcakes) on Etsy—as long as it’s handmade by you!
If your business is already established or you’ve been selling goods at art fairs or other venues for some time now, setting up an account on Etsy may be easier than starting from scratch; however, if this is your first venture into selling products to customers online, start small before going all out with an expensive website design project that requires coding skills! You’ll also need to consider investing in inventory management software like VendHQ that helps manage order fulfillment efficiently so you don’t end up losing money due to manually processing orders instead of using automation software that works faster without having employees spend hours at work just handling shipping requests manually every day while they could be doing something else more productive like working on other projects instead…
5. Flip Items From Flea Markets or Yard Sales
- Find items to sell at flea markets and yard sales.
- Make sure you are getting a good deal on the item.
- Price your items appropriately so they will sell quickly.
- Advertise your items in local papers, online classifieds like Craigslist or eBay, or flea market forums and social media sites like Facebook Marketplace and Letgo.
- Handle all aspects of the sale yourself: take pictures, write descriptions (including size), list item on site(s), handle shipping/fulfillment if necessary, get payment from customer and send payment back when possible (many online marketplaces have PayPal built in).
6. Get a Refund You Didn’t Know About With Paribus
Paribus is a cashback service that automatically tracks your purchases and refunds any price drops. It’s super easy to use: just sign up, connect your bank account, and Paribus will begin tracking your recent purchases from hundreds of online stores.
If you’re eligible for a refund, you’ll receive an email alerting you of the change in price—and all the information about how much money has been refunded to your account. You’ll also be notified if there’s ever an issue with one of your refunds or purchases; this can help prevent frauds like double-charging or shipping scams (yikes!).
In general, Paribus has found success in getting between $15-$20 per month back on average by organizing refunds on behalf of their users through email or snail mail correspondence with retailers’ customer service teams—so it’s definitely worth checking out!
For example, if someone bought something from Macy’s for $30 last year but now wants to return/exchange it for $25 at their local store because they didn’t need it anymore (or maybe they got tired of holding onto something so heavy), then Paribus would claim that difference yourself in order to get paid instead! This means less work on our end while still helping us save some cash.”
7. Rent Out Your Car on Turo
- How much money you can earn. You can expect to make between $200 and $700 a month by renting out your car on Turo, depending on the vehicle you drive, its condition and location. For example, if you live in an urban area with high demand for rentals and low supply of cars available for rent from local owners, then the potential earnings will be higher than if you live in a rural area where there are plenty of vehicles but fewer people looking to rent them out.
- How to get started. To rent out your car on Turo:
If approved as an owner-operator by Turo after passing its screening process which includes verifying driver license info & insurance coverage details plus running checks against local state DMV databases as well as FBI criminal records database – meaning no outstanding warrants against them – then users will be eligible to post listings both online through their mobile devices or computers at any time during active periods such as weekends when demand is usually high due increased usage by tourists visiting nearby destinations like beaches etc.,
8. Rent Out Your Spare Bedroom (or Backyard) With Airbnb
If you live in a tourist destination and have a spare bedroom or home, then renting your space can be an excellent way to make money. You can use services like Airbnb (https://www.airbnb.com/) or HomeAway (https://www.homeaway.com/) to find guests for your property, who will pay for their stay by credit card at the time of booking and usually via direct deposit afterward.
- Rent out your backyard
Airbnb also has another feature called “Garden Homes” – which allows hosts to rent out their yard space for events like parties and weddings by working with local event planners instead of directly with customers themselves. This method isn’t always available but if it is in your city it’s worth considering as another opportunity to earn some extra cash!
9. Take Surveys Online With Survey Junkie and InboxDollars
If you’re looking to make money by taking surveys, Survey Junkie is a great place to start. You can sign up for the site and begin taking surveys in minutes. Some of the companies that use their services include eBay, Amazon and Netflix, so your opinion really does matter!
After signing up for an account on the site, you’ll receive offers from companies who are looking for new customers to offer their products or services too. For example, one of my recent offers was from Walmart: “Tell us what you think about our shopping experience.” I chose how much I wanted from completing this survey (a max of $3), answered some questions about my shopping habits at Walmart and was done within 15 minutes! If a company’s survey doesn’t interest me enough to take it seriously (or they don’t pay well) then I just move on because there are plenty more opportunities available that do pay well!
10. Start Driving for Uber or Lyft
- Start Driving for Uber or Lyft
You can become a driver in your spare time, even if you have no experience behind the wheel. You’ll need a car, insurance and a smartphone (but not necessarily a data plan), but that’s about it. Once you’re approved to drive, you’ll be able to start working right away—and each trip pays out according to its duration and distance.
The average Uber driver earns around $15 per hour after costs are factored in (like gas) and drivers who work longer hours can earn upwards of $25 per hour by driving on weekends or late at night when demand is high.
I hope this article gave you some ideas to start making money!
There are many ways to make money. If you’re looking for a way to earn extra income, the best place to start is with an honest assessment of your own skills and interests. Take time to really think about what you enjoy doing, and consider whether or not it would be possible for you to turn this activity into an additional stream of income.
Don’t forget: being successful also requires hard work and dedication. If something doesn’t come naturally or easily, don’t just give up! The most successful people are often those who put in long hours practicing their craft until they become experts at it.
Once you’ve determined what sort of extra income opportunities might be available to you, take some time off from work and give them a try! It may take some trial-and-error before finding something that works well enough for today’s economy (and doesn’t conflict with any other responsibilities), but once found—and if done right—you should soon see positive results coming in from all directions!
The fact is, there are so many ways to make money! The trick is to figure out which one works best for you. If you’re looking for a way to earn extra income without leaving your job, consider getting a side hustle or even starting your own business.
In the next section of this article, we’ll take a look at some important considerations when deciding what type of side hustle works best for you and how much time it will require each week. Then we’ll get into details about five different types of side gigs that you can start today—even if they don’t pay very well…yet!