If you’re looking for a way to make money online, YouTube is a great option. The site has billions of users and continues to grow every year, which means there’s tons of potential to reach new audiences and expand your brand.
But how do you turn that into actual cash? In this article I’ll walk through the steps it takes to create a successful channel and make money on YouTube.
Create an account.
To get started, you will first need to create an account with the YouTube platform. This can be done by going to the official YouTube page, signing in with your email address and creating a username and password that you’ll use for future logins.
You will also want to fill out all of the necessary information on this page; if anything is missing or incorrect it could affect your experience later on.
Remember: Your username should be something easy for people who know you well (or maybe even strangers) to remember so they can find you again when they want more videos from your channel!
Your profile should be clear and concise while still showing who YOU are as an entertainer/content creator online—this includes using good grammar, spelling etcetera so don’t worry too much about adding images yet since those aren’t needed until later steps like setting up thumbnails which we’ll discuss soon enough!
Set up Google AdSense.
Google AdSense is the world’s largest ad network, responsible for serving ads to more than 2 million websites across the globe.
When you join Google AdSense, you’ll be able to run targeted ads on your website or YouTube channel and earn money from every click.
To sign up for an account, simply visit the Google AdSense website and click “Get Started” in the top right corner of the page.
This will take you to a page that prompts you to enter basic information about yourself and your business name (if applicable). After entering this information, click “Next” at the bottom of your screen until you reach a page entitled “Ad units.”
Here is where we will create our first ad unit; however before doing so let us go over some basics:
Create videos to upload.
Now that you have a YouTube channel, it’s time to make videos. This is the part of the process where you can get creative and show off your personality.
There are many different types of videos that people like to watch on YouTube, so try experimenting with different kinds until you find something that works for your audience.
- Make educational or informative content relevant to what your audience wants to learn about or know more about. For example, if you’re in school and want to start earning money from YouTube videos, consider making informational videos about how college students can save money while they’re in school—or maybe even do a series on how students can complete their homework assignments more efficiently!
- Create entertaining content related to topics such as travel or beauty tips that will entertain viewers while also teaching them something new. If they like what they see enough times (aka “subscribe”), then they’ll keep coming back every few weeks when there’s new stuff out there!
Upload your videos.
One of the most important things you can do in your YouTube monetization efforts is to upload content.
This step seems obvious, but it’s often overlooked by new content creators. To get paid by Google and other platforms, you need to have videos available for them to monetize.
You can upload your videos in a few different ways:
- Other video platforms (like Facebook)
- Your website/blog
- Email list
Some people also use their social media channels or other websites as a way to host their content
Get more views on YouTube.
YouTube is a machine for content discovery.
The more views a video has, the more likely it’s going to appear in people’s recommended videos and on their homepage.
As such, you should make sure that your videos are optimized for search by using keywords as much as possible.
- The title: This is the first thing people see when they find your video through search or browsing through channels. Make sure it includes one or two of the main keywords that describe your video—but don’t make them too long! A 60-character limit will look weird on mobile devices with smaller screens; 30 characters should be plenty.
- The description: Next up comes the description section, which often appears below titles in search results; here’s where you can provide more information about what viewers can expect from watching this particular clip. Be concise yet descriptive so that viewers know what they’re getting into before clicking play! You also have up to 4500 characters (including spaces) to use here—so it’s worth taking advantage of all available space in order to drive home why people need this kind of content in their lives today! If possible, include links back at other parts within YouTube itself (such as playlists) along with external sites like Twitter accounts or blogs maintained by creators involved with making said content available online for free (as long as these aren’t selling products from advertisers). This will help ensure that everyone stays connected across multiple platforms while simultaneously increasing awareness about who exactly made these amazing feats possible.”
Add affiliate links to your YouTube content.
If you want to make money on YouTube, the best way to do so is by adding affiliate links in your videos. Affiliate programs can help you earn extra revenue for every person who clicks through your video and makes a purchase. It’s important that these links are both relevant to what you’re talking about in the video and easy for viewers to find. Here are some tips:
- Add an unobtrusive link at the end of each video that directs users directly to the product page on Amazon or eBay (eBay works better for digital products).
- Include text overlays throughout your video explaining what each product does, why it’s great for whatever situation you’re demonstrating, and where viewers can buy it. Be sure that this wording doesn’t detract from what you were originally trying to communicate with your content!
Making money on Youtube is not easy, but with the right strategy, it’s possible.
Making money on Youtube is not easy, but with the right strategy, it’s possible. There are two main ways to make money on Youtube: creating videos and promoting products. If you want to start making a substantial amount of money from your channel, you’ll need to be able to do both – at least in some capacity.
There are many different ways that could be approached as well. For example You can create videos and promote products; You can create videos and sell them; You can create videos and use them as promotional material for other services/products; You can use other forms of promotion such as affiliates (eBay), paid advertising (Google AdWords) or banner ads etc..
We hope this article has given you the information you need to get started with making money on YouTube. If there’s anything we left out, please let us know in the comments!