There’s no doubt about it—YouTube is one of the best places to be if you’re looking to make money on the internet.
If you have a video that gets enough views, you can start earning some serious cash from ads and sponsored content.
And even if your channel isn’t making millions off of its own brand yet, there are plenty of ways you can use it to market yourself and build your personal brand. So how do you get started?
Here are some tips:
Do market research.
You can’t understand your audience if you don’t know who they are. You need to know their age range, gender, location, and interests so that when you’re creating content for them, it’s relevant to them.
For example: If your target audience is children between 6 and 12 years old, you don’t want to post videos about politics and religion because those topics don’t interest kids in this age group.
Additionally, understanding the competition will help you know how far ahead or behind everyone else is in terms of views and subscribers (and therefore revenue).
This tells us what kind of quality we need for our video production efforts so that we can make sure we deliver something that viewers will enjoy watching over time.”
Grab these Youtube Playbook Today
Start with a niche audience.
Before you start making videos, it’s important to focus on a specific niche.
Choose something that you can become an expert in, and then make sure that you have a target audience.
For example: if your goal is to create content focused on cooking healthy meals at home, consider making videos about how to make easy low-carb recipes or gluten-free desserts.
If your channel is about fashion and style advice for teenagers and young adults, think about what these people need help with when they’re shopping for clothes.
Here are some examples of YouTube niches that have been successful:
- Cooking shows featuring real-life chefs who share their tips and tricks (e.g., Gordon Ramsay)
- Beauty tutorials by experts in makeup application techniques (e.g., Michelle Phan)
- Comedic rants from comedians who are known for their one-liners (e.g., Louis Ck)
Have a regular schedule.
Having a regular schedule is crucial to the success of your channel. Your viewers will come to expect new content from you on certain days, so if you don’t post regularly, they may lose interest in your channel.
It’s also good for building brand recognition, as people will be able to spot your videos easily when browsing YouTube or scrolling through their Facebook News Feeds.
To find out how often is best for you and what kind of schedule works best with your life, take some time to think about this question: “How much time do I have?”
The answer might surprise you! If it turns out that it isn’t very much at all—perhaps because work keeps getting in the way or maybe there are other commitments—then perhaps maintaining a strict schedule isn’t realistic right now.
On the other hand, if there are more hours available than necessary (i.e., no job), then having some flexibility might be helpful so that filming becomes less stressful and more enjoyable overall.
The bottom line is this: figure out what works best for both sides of life and build upon those foundations with some solid guidelines for consistency
Market yourself on social media.
The best way to market yourself on social media is to be authentic. You don’t want to misrepresent yourself or try too hard and come off as robotic.
The best way to get people interested in your channel is by being relatable and genuine.
To do this, you should start out by building up an audience through posting content that interests them—not just videos of you talking about how awesome your product/service is, but also things like articles or other types of content related to your industry (e.g., parenting advice).
Once you’ve built up a large enough following, then you can start marketing directly on social media by sharing links back to your website or YouTube channel in order for people who may not know about either yet!
Make it easy for people to subscribe to your channel.
- Make it easy for people to subscribe to your channel.
- Make it easy for people to unsubscribe from your channel.
- Make it easy for people to find your channel on YouTube.
- Make it easy for people to find your channel on social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Make it easy for people to find your channel on your website or blog if you have one (this is especially important if you are building an email list).
Collaborate with other channels.
Collaborating with other channels is a great way to grow your audience, as well as increase the number of people who are aware of what you do.
It can also be a good way to get feedback on your content.
On the other hand, collaboration can be difficult because it requires that you work closely with someone else, so if you’re not comfortable with that idea then this might not be right for you.
Grab this youtube Play book
titled How to Start a Profitable Youtube Channel. You can buy the book on Amazon to start your Youtube Journey
if you follow these tips, you’ll be able to start a profitable youtube channel!
YouTube is a great platform for earning money.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be able to start a profitable YouTube channel!
- Build an audience of subscribers and viewers. The more subscribers you have, the more people will see and watch your videos, which means more people will click on the ads placed before them and make you money. To build up your numbers quickly, create content that appeals to as many people as possible (even if it’s not exactly what you’re interested in).
- Make sure that all of your videos are high quality. Poor-quality videos won’t attract many views or clicks on ads—or at least not enough for them to make any real money off of them.* Use Google Analytics (a free tool) to track how many views each video gets so that when one starts performing better than another, they know which ones should get promoted first.*
- Try making collaborations with other YouTubers who have similar audiences; this strategy has been shown time again since 2012 when PewDiePie did his first collab with Marzia Bisognin aka CutiePieMarzia which got over 100 million views!
Follow Ibrahimmustapha.com for more tips
I hope this guide has helped you get started on your journey to becoming a successful youtube channel.
The most important thing is to just get started, and then keep working on improving your videos and growing your audience as time goes on.
Don’t worry if things don’t work out the first time around—every successful entrepreneur has had setbacks!