Email marketing is the art and science of using email to engage with your customers. This blog will talk through: What is Email Marketing — Why to use Email Marketing — How you can use Email Marketing — How Email Marketing can help your small business.
I’ll also go through the main reasons why Email Marketing isn’t used as much as it could be. If you’ve got a small business or are thinking about creating one, then this blog post is for you, pure and simple!
GET THE BEST EMAIL AUTOMATION SYSTEM
The power of email lists
A thoughtfully-curated email list can help you achieve your business goals.
An email address is a personal thing, and when someone gives you their email, they’re giving you permission to communicate directly with them.
From there, it’s up to you to build the relationship. The more trust and value you provide your subscribers, the more likely they are to share with others about your business—and this can have a positive impact on sales numbers.
You might be surprised at how much influence an email list has on the bottom line of a business:
Because people see your emails as permission-based content that they want to see in their inboxes, they tend to be more invested in reading them than if they saw them on Facebook or Twitter.
As a result, these readers tend to buy more things from the businesses to whose emails they subscribe to.
In fact, according to Campaign Monitor, for every $1 spent on email marketing, companies can expect an average return of $38!
Write Your Blogpost and Emails in Minutes with AI
Why wouldn’t your business want to build its own email list?
There are many benefits to building and nurturing your own email marketing list, including:
- The ability to build and nurture relationships with customers, will increase brand loyalty.
- A cost-effective way to increase sales by advertising special deals or seasonal sales.
- Building brand awareness through customers who forward emails on to their friends and family.
- One of the highest ROIs of any marketing strategy. For every dollar spent on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $32!
- The ability to segment your lists so that you are targeting specific customers depending on what they have bought from you in the past.
Email marketing best practices for small businesses
Just a quick reminder that today is the last day to sign up for my email marketing tips.
I’ve got a ton of data on how well email works for my business and for others like mine, so I know you’ll get more sales from this newsletter than you might have otherwise.
I’m also going to give away some great free resources and plugins, so there’s no better time to sign up. Go ahead and do it now!
Creating your email list
The success of an email marketing campaign depends on the size of your email list. In order to start growing your email list, you need to set up a signup form.
There are several ways you can go about creating a signup form for your website.
The easiest way is to use an email marketing software that offers built-in signup forms.
Most email marketing services offer various types of signup forms that you can customize with your website’s branding and opt-in incentives.
TubeBuddy | The Premier YouTube Channel Management Toolkit
To encourage people to subscribe, consider offering an incentive like a 10% discount they will receive after signing up or early access to new content or products/services.
Once you have set up a signup form, there are several places where you should be adding it:* On your website* On your Facebook page* As a link in your Twitter profile you don’t necessarily need to stop at just one signup form – get creative!
You can add multiple forms throughout your website, social media profiles and other online platforms where potential customers view content related to your business.
If you want to build relationships with customers and increase revenue, email marketing is one of the best ways to go about it.
Email marketing is a great way to bring in customers and increase revenue because:
- It’s easy to start. You don’t need to be a coding whiz or have a big budget to get started with email marketing. Compared with other channels, it can actually be very cost-effective, especially if you don’t have the budget for PPC ads or TV commercials.
- You can build relationships with your subscribers. Email marketing is one of the best ways to engage directly with people who are already interested in what you do. If you want people who see your content on social media or even just pass by your store to become loyal customers, email marketing lets you reach them where they live most of their digital lives—in their inboxes—to stay top-of-mind until they’re ready to buy from you again.
- It generates more revenue than any other channel for many companies. Whether you sell t-shirts, cakes or cloud computing services, email is a great way to stay connected with your existing customers and generate new sales opportunities with prospects who haven’t bought from you before.
Get the Best Email Automation System
There is no universal, one-size-fits-all formula for effective email marketing.
Every business must experiment with its own unique approach in order to devise a strategy that works for them.
There are, however, certain email marketing best practices that have withstood the test of time, and you should use them as the foundation for your campaign.
Don’t be afraid to invent your own rules and create an entirely new strategy; just make sure to start with solid foundational principles.
What’s your email marketing strategy?
I enjoy your writing style truly enjoying this web site.