Many bloggers wonder how to make money with their blog. The good news is that the internet provides lots of ways you can earn a living from your website. In this article, I will discuss many different ways you can use your blog to generate income.
Start a blog.
You can start a blog for free, but if you want to make money from that blog and have it look professional, it’s better to invest in premium services. A good place to start is at WordPress.com which allows you to create your own website and customize it with themes and plugins. When buying a domain name for your site, it’s best not to use something too generic like . Instead choose something more original so as not to confuse visitors who are looking for another site with the same name (like how there are two different music streaming services called Spotify). The next step would be choosing hosting providers who provide enough space on their servers so as not overwhelm them when loading your content onto their servers (which could lead them downgrading the quality of service that they provide). Finally comes setting up our first post!
Set up Google AdSense for automatic ads.
Google AdSense is a free service that lets you earn money from ads on your blog. It allows you to display text and image-based ads on your site so that when people click on them, you get paid.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to your Google AdSense account and complete the application process by providing information about yourself, your blog, and what content is allowed on it (such as email address or phone number). You can also choose where the ads will appear on your site if they aren’t automatically placed there by Google AdSense itself.
- After completing this step, all of those little boxes with “Ads by Google” underneath them will start popping up at random places around all of our pages—but only after we’ve done something like write an article or post a photo album (this helps us generate more traffic). Now we just need two more steps before we’re ready for some serious blogging!
Set up Google AdSense for manual ads.
- Google AdSense is a great way to make money with your blog, but it can be tedious trying to manage all of the different ads on each page. To simplify this process and save time, you can set up manual ads with your AdSense account.
- To get started, log in to your AdSense dashboard and click “create an ad unit” under the “Manual Ads” section at the top of the page.
- In this step, you’ll choose which type of ad you want to create: image or display (text only). You will also select whether or not it should be shown in a fixed position or on scroll: Fixed means that Google will automatically display this particular ad unit at all times; Scroll means that the company will choose when best to show this particular ad unit depending on how far down someone has scrolled through their page.
- Next, set up any other settings related specifically to this manual ad unit: Advanced Settings lets you change text color and style; Placement allows you control over where on your site(s) it’ll appear; Regions & Languages determines which countries are allowed access; Colors & Fonts allows some customization (such as adding borders); Advanced allows even more customization options like padding around text blocks
Apply to Affiliate Programs.
An affiliate program is one in which a third party (the retailer) pays you for referring customers to their site. In this case, you are the retailer’s marketing arm and can earn money from any purchases made by people you’ve sent.
- How do I find affiliate programs?
Google “affiliate program” and peruse through some of the results until you find something that catches your eye. You may have to read through dozens of websites before getting to one that actually provides useful information. Some sites will try to sell you on joining their own affiliate program as opposed to directing you towards other options, so be wary of those!
- How do I apply for an affiliate program? First off: never pay someone else money just because they say they’ll get you into an affiliate program; it’s always free (except if they’re charging a fee just so they can steal from unsuspecting people). There should be no need for any advance payment or sign up fee—just follow the instructions on how to join the specific store’s affiliate network (like ShareASale or CJ). If anything seems fishy about their offer then don’t pursue it further!
Use Affiliate Links in Your Blog Posts.
Affiliate links are the best way to make money blogging because they allow you to earn commissions from any sales that are made by your blog readers. Affiliates can be added by placing them within your content, or through an affiliate marketing plugin.
The easiest way to find affiliate links for your articles is by searching Google for the topic and product name, e.g., “Blogger’s Guide To Making Money With Affiliate Links (Google)” or “Blogging Guide To Mobile Apps (Apple).” You can also use tools like the Skimlinks Chrome extension, which will automatically add a relevant tracking code when you visit certain sites and create a link that points back towards yours with no additional effort on your part!
Promote Your Affiliate Products on Social Media.
Social media is a great way to reach new audiences, and when you have an affiliate product to promote it’s even better. Your followers will be more likely to buy if they already know and trust you, so this could be a great way to make some extra income.
That said, make sure that the products you promote are relevant to your audience. You don’t want to spam people with things that don’t interest them just because they might click on an ad rather than straight away looking at the page where your links are displayed.
There are lots of social media tools out there that can help automate this process for you and make sure that everything is being done correctly. For example, Buffer allows you schedule posts across multiple social media platforms at once so that when one ends another one begins automatically without having worry about missing out on any potential leads or sales opportunities!
Integrate Affiliate Marketing With Your Email Campaigns
If a visitor clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase, you will receive a commission. Keep in mind that the payment will come from the company that you are promoting, not from the site where your content resides.
- Use email marketing campaigns to promote products or services that are related to yours. You can create special offers for your subscribers, including links to relevant products or services. This is one way of monetizing emails for bloggers who don’t have an e-commerce website yet but want to try their hand at affiliate marketing as well.
- Create informative articles about topics related to what you sell online and link back whenever appropriate (in this case we’re talking about affiliate links). Your readers will appreciate being able to learn more about the topic at hand while also finding out more about what you’re offering — all without leaving their inbox!
Add a Shop Page to Sell Your Own Products or Services.
If you have products or services to sell, it’s important to have a Shop Page on your blog. A shop page is a page where visitors can click and buy items from you directly.
This is what your visitors see when they click on the “shop” button in the menu:
Shop pages are free of charge and don’t require any coding knowledge. You can create and edit them from within the dashboard of your Blogger account under “Pages” (you may need to scroll down).
11 Ways to Make Money with Your Blog
A blog can be a great way to make money. The key is finding a business model that works for your specific situation.
There are many ways to make money from your blog (and this list is by no means exhaustive), but you need to choose one that works for you, and stick with it.
I hope this list has given you some ideas to get started with your own blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. I’d love to hear if these tips helped you in any way!